Every day there is a new fitness or diet trend popping up. From the Atkins Diet and juice cleanses to P90X and CrossFit, keeping up with the latest fitness trends can be down right exhausting. So today, the girls at Flirty Girl Fitness have shared a few fitness trends that are worth keeping your eye on for 2013. If you’re looking to spice up your workouts or try something new to improve your fitness life, check out these ideas.
5 Fitness Trends for 2013
1. H.I.I.T. Less is more with H.I.I.T. (high intensity interval training) classes. This convenient workout is highly effective and gets you in shape quickly by burning up to five times more calories AFTER your exercise is over! These workouts burn a high level of calories and fat, by combining short durations of high intensity exercises with a bout of rest following them, and continuing the cycle for the duration of the workout. The varied exercises and intervals are extremely challenging during the workout, but the results are even more rewarding.
2. Thorne Performance Supplements. Gone are the days where we’ll buy just any supplement that a model or celebrity tries to sell to us. Thorne Performance Supplements are backed up by real science and research. Their line of pre, during, and post workout supplements utilize natural ingredients to help you perform at your peak and recover between workouts. Best of all the purity and safety of their products is second to none since they have been a trusted source of supplements for doctors and medical professionals for years. You’re likely to see the ladies around you adding some Catalyte to their water bottle before spin class, taking their pre-workout shot of Elevate before their morning run, or recovering after their workout with their Prevail protein powder in 2013 and performing at their best because of it.
3. Cy-Yo. Cy-Yo, short for cycling-yoga, is a fitness program that focuses on combining high-intensity workouts with stress relief. Starting with a 10-minute yoga session, the intensity picks up with 40 minutes of speed cycling on a stationary bike followed by 10 more minutes of yoga. Cy-Yo takes the intensity of a cycling workout and combines it with the balance and stretching of yoga, allowing for stress relief and a great burn.
4. Air Drumming. Pound away the extra pounds with this fun workout. Air drumming classes combine an aerobics class combined with a Ripstix, a 1-pound drumstick. The workout primarily targets the core and arms, but as you pound to the music moving from one position to another, the workout also targets your legs and back. Don’t let the fun nature of the drumsticks fool you, this workout is intense and allows you be a part of the music distracting you from the burn.
5. Hot Yoga. Hot yoga has become extremely popular in recent years, and don’t expect this trend to fade. With a range of classes including Bikram’s structured 90 minute and 26 postures or vinyasa yoga’s dynamic flow, there’s a hot yoga class for everyone. Prepare to get steamy in a heated room with high humidity levels for the ultimate sweat. Hot yoga works specific muscle groups and leaves yogis feeling cleansed and refreshed.
Any of you guys ahead of the trend and tried these?